Improving software development productivity. Practical techniques.
What will be in the course:
- Personal experience;
- How I structured the work in my team;
- What my team and I use;
- What are the alternatives to my tools;
- Which helped speed up development.
What this course will not include:
- A huge amount of theory;
- Calculations that prove how to design;
- Imposing opinions and proving that problems need to be solved only this way and nothing else.
As a result, this course will be useful not only for the technical leader of the development group, but also for managers of different levels, developers and testers.
The topics of the lessons that will be discussed in this course are shown on the slide:
- Introductory lesson;
- Team and roles in it;
- Technical task;
- Work planning;
- Task management systems;
- Version control systems, version accounting;
- Description of the code;
- Automatic generation of documentation;
- Bug life cycle, Bug tracker;
- Automatic tests;
- Automatic machines and scripts;
- Summing up and my results.
For each topic, there will be an explanation of how this innovation in the development process will help increase efficiency.
By efficiency, I mean the following measured parameters:
- The number of mechanical errors will decrease;
- Development time will be reduced;
- The error search time will decrease;
- The time to attract a new developer will decrease;
- The accuracy of the development forecast and adherence to plans is increased.
And not measurable, which will also get better:
- It will become easier to hand over the product to the customer;
- Developers’ interest will increase.
Who this course is for:
- As a result, this course will be useful not only for the technical leader of the development group, but also for managers of different levels, developers and testers.