Oxford Diploma : Genius living – fitness and health for now and for ever
Notice: Please do NOT enrol on this course on impulse, thinking you might watch it later. Maybe show an interest on impulse, yes, but before you enrol, watch the Preview videos, read the Course Description and then make a decision. If you then enrol then please start the course as soon as possible. Watch the lectures, look at the workbooks and join in the discussions. Joining my courses is a serious business and I want you to get the most out of your study – but I also want you to enjoy the course.
That is why I am asking that you only enrol because you really want to and that you start the course intending to make full use of all the resources.
You will be very welcome.
There are plenty of ‘Health and Fitness’ courses on Udemy – dozens and dozens. BUT this one is unique and the opening lectures explain why. No other course duplicates this. PLUS there are several workbooks included – current as at May 2021.
This is EIGHT courses in one:
2. Routines – morning and evening
3. Intermittent – fasting/movement
4. Food & drink
6. Sleep (and become a Sleep Consultant)
7. Lifestyle medicine
8. Holman Protocol
In short: total health (+ workbook on Holistic Medicine)
You will learn about:
- Losing weight
- Key biomarkers
- Key tests to have – and then check back to see progress
- Benchmarks set by YOU – and then check back
- Intermittent movement
- Intermittent fasting
- Healthy eating
- More Sleep
- How to optimise your own health
This is a unique course owing in part to its origins (Wisdom of the Crowds) and in part to its application. The Holman Protocol is a collection of ideas, studies and interpretations that will enable you to regain health, to regain wellness – in short to take control over your life – and become superhuman!
Through a series of lectures – some quite long – and with reference to experts, studies and published articles the student is presented with a wide range of advice over the key areas that affect our lives. Areas such as exercise, sleep, stress, diet, risks, routine, fasting and the measurement thereof, are all covered. But this is an individual journey, not a prescription. Students will be presented with topics to consider and homework to take action over.
The greater participation from the student, the greater the progress.
If you follow this long course the following will happen:
1. You WILL lose weight (if weightloss is needed)
2. You WILL get fit(ter)
3. You WILL get healthier
4. This will improve all aspects of your life ( including sex life)
5. You will become Superhuman!
- It is probably not overstating it to say that lives may well be saved.
- This is a very detailed course – longer than many many other courses…it’s your life, make the choice.
Workbook on Holistic Medicine (added January 2020)
- Balanced life
- What do you want from your doctor?
- Lifestyle modifications
- Principles of holistic medicine
- The immune system
- Types of treatment
- Long term?
- Focus on preventing diseases
Workbook on becoming a Sleep Consultant (added February 2020)
- What a Sleep Consultant is
- What the main purpose of a Sleep Consultant is
- How to check if you have insomnia
- The main causes of insomnia
- What to do to aid sleep
- What to NOT do to aid sleep
- Circadian rhythm
- Psychological issues
- Best exercises for sleep
- Food and drink that promotes sleep
- Sleep patterns and brainwaves
- Anatomy of sleep
- Sleep stages
- Sleep mechanisms
- The role of genes and neurotransmitters
- Alpha waves
- Sleep test
- Autogenic training
- Guided imagery
- Progressive relaxation
- Video evaluation and recommendations
- 200 strategies to fall asleep
- How to fall asleep within 2 minutes
Who this course is for:
- Those who prefer lifestyle – fitness, health, nutrition – to medication
- Those who wish to prevent illness rather than react after the event
- Those who prefer detail and structure to their course – with resources and updates
- Those seeking to lose weight, regain health, zest and vitality
- Those who want a thorough course you work through to attain wellbeing