A Beginner’s Guide To Statistics & Data Analytics For Data Science and Business Decisions (+Ebook & Templates)
*Highest Rated Course In This Category
*Rated 5 Stars
*Excellent course! Dr. Bateh does a great job taking a deep dive into statistics and data analytics, and how they can be applied to every day business. I highly recommend this course! – Robert M.
*Excellent course! Dr. Bateh does a great job taking a deep dive into statistics and data analytics, and how they can be applied to every day business. I highly recommend this course! – Tyler B.
*I highly recommend this course! Dr. Bateh does a wonderful job explaining complex statistical concepts in an easy to understand and practical manner. I will definitely be applying my learnings in the workplace. – Faris K.
WHY LEARN STATISTICS FOR BUSINESS DECISION-MAKING?
More and more organizations around the globe are expecting professionals will make data-driven decisions. Employees, team leaders, managers, and executives who can think quantitatively are in high demand. This course is for beginners in statistics and covers the role statistics plays in the business world and in making data-driven decisions.
WHY LEARN STATISTICS FOR DATA SCIENCE CAREERS?
Data Science enables companies to efficiently understand gigantic data from multiple sources and derive valuable insights to make smarter data-driven decisions. Data Science is widely used in various industry domains, including marketing, healthcare, finance, banking, policy work, and more. in data science, statistics is at the core of sophisticated machine learning algorithms, capturing and translating data patterns into actionable evidence. Data scientists use statistics to gather, review, analyze, and draw conclusions from data, as well as apply quantified mathematical models to appropriate variables.
WHY THIS COURSE?
The goal of this course is to improve your ability to identify a problem, collect data, and organize and analyze data, which will aid in making more effective decisions. You will learn techniques that can help any manager or businessperson responsible for decision-making.
This course has been created for decision-makers whose primary goal is not just to do the calculation and the analysis, but to understand and interpret the results and make recommendations to key stakeholders. You will also learn how the popular business software, Microsoft Excel, can support this process. This course will provide you with a solid foundation for thinking quantitatively within your company.
HOW IS THIS A HIGHLY PRACTICAL COURSE?
To help facilitate this objective, this course follows two fictitious companies that encounter a series of business problems , while demonstrating how managers would use the concepts in the book to solve these problems and determine the next course of action.
WHO IS THIS COURSE FOR?
This course is intended for beginners, and the student does not require prior statistical training. All computations will be completed using Microsoft Excel and training will be provided within the course.
WHAT AM I GOING TO LEARN?
- Professor Bateh’s Introductions – each module includes a clear and concise introduction by Dr. Justin Bateh on what you will learn in each module, and most importantly, why it’s important.
- Theoretical Explanation – Dr. Bateh’s team of associates provide a deep into the theory of statistics, if you wish, to learn the how behind what we are studying.
- Real-World Company Problems – this course follows two fictitious companies that encounter a series of business problems while demonstrating how managers would use the concepts in the course to solve these problems and determine the next course of action.
- Guided Demonstrations For Solving Problems – each module has a demonstration of how to solve the real-world problem that one of the two companies we are following encountered prepared by Dr. Bateh’s and his team of associates.
- Additional Resources – you also get Dr. Bateh 300+ page ebook on using statistics for better business decisions + 11 customizable and automated excel templates.
- I have taken courses with Professor Bateh and they were my favorite classes. The classes were both interesting, and the information taught was insightful. He did a wonderful job at answering the many questions I had and providing quick, thorough feedback. I highly recommend taking his classes. – Pamela Scott
- Dr. Bateh’s presentations are excellent. His enthusiasm about the topics he tackles makes the class more interesting. Using analogies and real-life examples, he simplifies and makes accessible for everyone in class complex issues in business. I have 20 years of Senior Leadership experience, and Dr. Bateh, even when he is humble, has solid knowledge and experience in the field. He shares that with anyone open to learning. I consider him as a reference for me on those topics and in all of my career, I had been in contact with many academics, but few as valuable for learning as Justin Bateh. – Dr. Gustavo Olivera
- I had the privilege of having Dr. Bateh as my instructor in the course. I was immediately struck by his teaching style and ability to connect with the audience. Dr. Bateh demonstrates empathy, kindness, and a deep understanding of the topics he teaches. I loved the way that he demonstrated various applications of the field. His ability to take what could be a mundane topic and make it so relevant and interesting is such a gift. Dr. Bateh is generous with his time and in fostering mentoring relationships with students and professionals alike. I would highly recommend that any student pursue the opportunity to connect with and learn from him. – Stacey Pecenka
- Very few people reach Justin’s level of brilliance and professionalism. He is absolutely fantastic to work with, has a great sense of humor, and provided the critical insight and input necessary to make our project come together beautifully. His attention to detail and application of instruction and knowledge is outstanding, second to none, and he communicates smoothly and effortlessly. You couldn’t ask for a better instructor. I highly recommend Justin and look forward to working with him again in the future. – Shannon Cooper
Who this course is for:
- Any manager or businessperson responsible for decision-making
- Anyone who wants to learn statistics for business analytics
- Anyone who wants to learn statistics from scratch
- Anyone interested in a career in data science or business analytics
- Business executives
- Individuals who are passionate about numbers