Network Routing Fundamentals
The absolute basics of Network Routing
Basic networking terminology
Build a solid foundation in the basics of network routing
- No prerequisites or requirements, you can get started now
- A desire to learn the basics of network routing
- No physical networking hardware or software required
This course is for the absolute beginner. Have you ever wanted to know, in very simple terms, the answers to the following questions:
What is network routing?
How do computers communicate with each other?
How are computers able to reliably transfer data to one another?
Why is routing important in IT networking?
If you answered yes, then this course is for you. Our goal with this course is to provide a simple, conceptual introduction to the fundamentals of IT network routing. There are no technical explanations or definitions to memorize – this course is visual, and strictly conceptual. When you are done with this course, you will have the foundation to move forward onto more advanced networking courses. And by having the frame-of-reference understanding from this course, you will be more prepared to tackle the more complex technical concepts and terminology.
As an added bonus to all who enroll, we have made a select group of Linux Academy’s Hands-On Labs and flashcards available for free to all students who wish to take advantage of them. Instructions on how to access these bonus features will be provided during the course.
(NOTE: These bonus features are not a required part of the course. They are an addition you can choose if you so wish.)
- The Network Routing Fundamentals course is for the absolute beginner
- You want to build a basic foundation before moving into more advanced networking or certification courses
- You want a high-level explanation of what network routing is