Database Design | SQL Server | T-SQL | Database Tables | Foreign Keys | SQL CRUD | Views | Triggers | Stored Procedures
Microsoft SQL Server is a powerful and widely-used database management system used by organizations of all sizes to store and retrieve data. This course teaches you how to use Microsoft SQL Server to design, implement, and maintain a database. You will learn key concepts such as database design, query writing, and stored procedure creation. You will have the opportunity to practice your skills through hands-on exercises and projects.
This is a zero-to-hero course on Microsoft SQL Database development and querying techniques. This course provides you with fundamental SQL Server training and is enough to get you started as a Database Developer or Database Administrator. There are no prerequisites for this course.
By the end of this course, you will have a strong understanding of how to use Microsoft SQL Server to manage and manipulate data and will be able to use it effectively in your projects. Whether you are new to database management or have some experience, this course is designed to provide a comprehensive overview of Microsoft SQL Server and help you become proficient in its use.
What you’ll learn
- How to Install SQL Server and SQL Server Management Studio (Windows or Docker for Mac and Linux)
- How to Connect to a Database Instance and create Databases and Tables
- How to Use SQL Management Studio (SSMS)
- How to use Azure Data Studio
- How to Author queries to Create, Read, Update and Delete data in tables.
- How to develop entity relationship diagrams using visual design tools
- How to normalize a database and create relationships and foreign keys
- How to Use Aggregate Functions to do quick mathematical operations
- How to export data to Excel using the Management Studio
- How to create and manage Database Views
- How to create and manage Functions, Table Triggers, and Stored Procedures
- How to Backup and Restore Databases
- How to manage users and database security
Why Learn Microsoft SQL Server
Microsoft SQL Server is a relational database management system developed by Microsoft. As a database server, it is a software product with the primary function of storing and retrieving data as requested by other software applications.
We will explore best practices in database development using SQL Server and will be building a small school management system database.
All you need is a capable machine, and we will walk through setting up an environment, creating a database, creating your first table, and writing queries.
At the end of this course, you should be comfortable writing queries for multiple situations and reports.
Are there any course requirements or prerequisites?
- A Windows PC (or Docker if using Linux/Mac)
Who this course is for:
- This course is for beginners with absolutely no experience.
- This course is for you if you are already comfortable with fundamental database operations.
- This course is for you if you feel a bit ‘rusty’ and need to refresh your knowledge.
- This course is for you if you want to understand design principles in database development.
- This course is for you if you are proficient in Microsoft Access and want to learn a new Database Management System.
- This course is for EVERYONE!
Content and Overview
This is a complete course. I take you through various scenarios and techniques to write queries, build a database and further administrate, then we touch on more advanced topics that are in great demand in the workplace. Over 6 hours of premium content, all put together to ensure that; then get up and running with becoming e Developer and Administrator.
By the time you finish the course, you will have moved around in Microsoft SQL Manager Studio so much that it will become second nature for you when interacting with your databases on different servers. This will put your newly learned skills into practical use and impress your boss and coworkers.
The course has working files and scripts, making it easy to replicate the demonstrated code. You will be able to work alongside the author as you work through each lecture and will receive a verifiable certificate of completion upon finishing the course.
Clicking the Take This Course button could be the best step to increase your income and marketability quickly! Also, remember that if you think the course is not worth what you spent, you have a full 30 days to get a no questions asked refund!
It’s time to take action!
See you in the course!
Who this course is for:
- Beginner Database Developer
- Intermediate Database Developers
- Potential Database Administrators