Develop a business intelligence solution end to end
Create interactive and visually rich Reports
Understand how Power BI Service enables collaboration
Work with a range of data sources and become an expert at Loading and Transforming data from multiple sources
Understand Data Modelling in Power BI
Understand Reporting Best Practice
Create multiple visualizations
How to master Power BI for your real world projects!
Learn one of the most in demand business intelligence tool in the world and master the most important concepts in the Power BI Ecosystem.
Power BI is an essential tool for anyone working with Data!
This course is hands-on and you will LEARN BY DOING!
We will be using a really cool Formula One Dataset to create an interactive report with some amazing visualizations.
- We will connect to various data sources including csv, excel, JSON and more.
- We will perform extensive data transformations to make our data ready for reporting.
- We will use relationships and data modelling methodologies to create an effective data model.
- We will explore all kinds of visualisations from Column Charts, Scatter Charts, Maps, Tooltips and more.
- We will use Visual Elements like action icons and buttons to navigate between pages in your report.
- We will explore the capabilities of Power BI Pro and how it can enable you to collaborate within your Organization
- We will use Data Analysis Expressions to add insight and analysis to our Power BI Report
By the end of the Formula One Analysis Project you will gain extensive skills and have experience of developing a business intelligence solution end to end.
You should gain more than enough experience to add value to your real world projects!
This course can be split into 5 key areas:
Loading and Transforming Data
- Connecting to data sources in Power BI
- Understanding Data Types
- Transforming Columns in your Query
- Adding Columns to your Query
- Sorting and Filtering
- Duplicating vs Referencing your Query
- Transposing your data
- Grouping and summarising your data
- Pivoting and Unpivoting your data
- Table Relationships
- One to Many, One to One and Many to Many Cardinality
- “Active” vs “Inactive” Relationships
- STAR and SNOWFLAKE Modelling Approaches
- Dimensions and Fact Tables
- Joining Tables with the Merge Operation
Visualizations and Charts
- Visualization and Report Basics
- Tables and Pivot Tables
- Matrix Visuals
- Bar and Column Charts
- Line and Area Charts
- Combo Charts
- Scatter Charts
- Treemap Charts
- Data Categories and Geographical Charts
- Interactions between Visuals
- Filters and Slicers
- Adding small multiples
- Visual Elements
- Report Design Best Practice
- Adding Interactivity to your Report
Power BI Service
- Power BI Pro vs Premium Overview
- Power BI Pro Interface Tour
- Publishing Reports to Power BI Pro
- Personal Workspaces
- Collabortation Workspaces
Data Analysis Expressions (DAX)
- Overview of the Langauges used in Power BI (M and DAX)
- DAX Syntax Basics
- Aggregation Functions
- Filter Functions
- Other Functions
- DAX Documentation
The course is packed with lectures, code-along videos, assignment questions and detailed walkthroughs.
There should be more than enough to keep you engaged and learning! As an added plus you will also have lifetime access to all the lectures.