What you’ll learn
Segmenting targeting positioning in Marketing
Advance marketing concepts like BCG matrix ,Brand Mantra, BAV Model, Product Life cycle, Brand and line extension.
Various marketing channels used by companies
How to do sales and marketing of your product
Business strategy used by startups.
Amazon 3 key service business strategy to dominate the retail market.
Unit economics matrix like Customer acquisition cot and customer life time value.
Pricing strategy like Price Penetration, Price Bundling, and Price Skimming
Problem with Aggregators, Platform business and Network effect
Competitive attack like Flank, Position defence, preemptive, Counteroffensive attack etc
How product recommendation engine of Netflix and amazon works
Horizontal and vertical strategy used by Samsung
Strategy used by market leader, market follower and Challenger
best certification courses for mba marketing
Marketing Mix i.e 4P’s (Product, Price, Place, Promotions) and 7P’s of Marketing.
Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, and Threats SWOT Analysis
What are branding and the advantages of branding?
Blue ocean and red ocean strategy
Zero cost marketing strategy
Product life cycle
What is a business strategy Why do we need it
Business Expansion strategy
Business value proposition
A fresh mindset and curiosity of learning is more than enough
MBA Marketing strategy course designed by an MBA graduate from the syllabus of top Universities in the world
This course is very helpful for all those who are either preparing for GMAT or planning to do an MBA. It is divided into four different sections like Marketing Basics Overview, Marketing insights and analysis, Branding and communication, and Business Strategy and will cover all the important topics of Marketing in MBA. The last section of the module will further help you in understanding various strategies used by companies
Section 1 Marketing Overview
- What is marketing?
- Demand wants and needs & Maslow’s hierarchy of needs
- How money flows in the Modern Economy
- STP (Segmentation targeting and positioning)
- Marketing Mix i. e 4P’s (Product, Price, Place, Promotions) and 7P’s of Marketing.
- SWOT analysis
Section 2 Marketing insights and analysis
a) Analyzing Consumer
- Generation characteristics
- The adoption curve for any product or service
- How Customer Insights helps in segmenting and targetingb ) Business analysis
- Product and market segmentation
- Communication channels
- Marketing funnels
- Unit economics
Module 5 Startup Business Growth Metrics
- Startup Growth Metrics Intro
- Customer Acquisition Cost (CAC) in Startup
- Customer Lifetime Value (CLTV) in Startup
- Monthly Reoccurring Revenue (MRR) in Startup
- Unit Economics in Startup
- Contribution Margin in Startup
- Retention Rate and Cohorts in Startup
- Churn Rate in Startup
- Market Size for Startup
d) Marketing Information System
- Types of data
- Recommendation engine
- What is a Marketing Intelligence system
- Types of data used in MIS
- Data-driven recommendation engine
- How does a recommendation engine work?
3. Marketing communication and branding
- What is branding and the advantages of branding?
- Types of branding?
- Tesla brand positioning and Product differentiation using POP and POD (perceptual map)
- Emotional branding and Brand mantra(Communicate simplify and inspire)
- Brand equity (Perception, preference, and behavior)
- BAV model and brand resonance model
- Brand revitalization
- Line extension product extension and category extension
- Brand dilution
- Service marketing Service marketing triangle
4. Business Strategy (Sales and Expansion)
- What is a business strategy Why do we need it
- Market structure(leader, challenger, follower, and nickers strategy )
- Porter five competitive forces (Competitive rivalry, Threat of new entrance, Power of suppliers, Power of customers, Threat of substitute products)
- Marketing competition and Defensive marketing (preemptive, counteroffensive, flank, contraction, mobile attack)
- Follower strategy ( product imitation, conscious parallelism cloner, imitator, and adapter)
- Samsung Horizontal and vertical expansion to achieve economy of scope and economy of scale.
- Amazon killing competition strategy using diversification
- Apple ecosystem strategy
- Product life cycle
- Expanding the market share pie using the Ansoff matrix
- Price cut strategy (low-quality trap, fragile market share trap, shallow pockets trap, price war trap)
Who this course is for:
- Business graduate from college.
- Budding Entrepreneur and startup founders
- Engineer curious to learn some MBA concepts
- Product Managers
- Founders and CEO
- Financial analyst