Pass ISTQB Foundation (CTFL) certification
Detailed explanations for each question, right and wrong answer
Similar difficulty to the actual exam.
Check your knowledge
The Foundation Level syllabus forms the basis of the International Software Testing Qualifications Board (ISTQB) Certified Tester Scheme.
ISTQB Foundation Level is relevant across software delivery practices including Waterfall, Agile, DevOps and Continuous Delivery.
The 2018 Foundation Level qualification is suitable for anyone who needs to demonstrate practical knowledge of the fundamental concepts of software testing including people in roles such as testers, test analysts, test engineers, test consultants, test managers, user acceptance testers and software developers.
It is also appropriate for individuals who need a basic understanding of software testing including project managers, quality managers, software development managers, business analysts, IT directors and management consultants.
The Business Outcomes expected of a candidate who has achieved the 2018 Foundation Level certification are as follows:
- Promote efficient and effective communication by using a common vocabulary for software testing.
- Understand fundamental concepts of software testing.
- Demonstrate understanding of how different development and testing practices, and different constraints on testing, may apply in optimizing testing to different contexts.
- Contribute effectively in reviews.
- Use established techniques for designing tests at all test levels.
- Interpret and execute tests from given test specifications. Report on test results.
- Understand test management principles for resources, strategies, planning, project control and risk management
- Write and communicate clear and understandable defect reports
- Understand the project factors that drive the test priorities and test approach
- Understand the value that software testing brings to stakeholders
- Appreciate how testing activities and work products align with project objectives, measures and targets
- Assist in the selection and implementation process of testing tool