IoT – Internetworking with Arduino
Understand how IoT devices communicate with each others and through the cloud.
Connect IoT devices to each other and to the cloud over the IP netwrok.
Program networking protocols on Arduino, such as IP, TCP, UDP, NTP, HTTP, CoAP.
Understand the principals of IoT protocols
- Basic working knowledge of Arduino boards is required.
- Some C programming experience to understand Arduino sketches is beneficial.
IP communication is the essence of the Internet of Things. Software developers, architects and IoT professionals face networking challenges during system design and implementation. To achieve success, it is fundamental to understand how IoT devices interact with each other and how they communicate through the Internet and with the cloud.
Learn and Implement Networking Protocols for the Internet of Things in this Comprehensive Course.
- Understand networking protocols used in IoT (IP, TCP, UDP)
- Learn IoT protocols (CoAP, MQTT)
- Understand and implement network services (DHCP, NTP, DNS, HTTP)
- Implement End-toEnd IP networking with Arduino
- Connect your IoT devices to each other, to the Internet and to cloud services
Mastering networking protocols for the Internet of Things
Broken down, the Internet has some decades of history and its operation is defined by internetworking protocols. The IoT phenomenon brought the need for new communication protocols, specially fit for devices with constraint resources.
In this course you may learn how all these protocol work and how they are built on each other. You will also learn how to design and implement an end-to-end networking solution for your IoT project.
Contents and Overview
I designed this course to cover both theory and practice. In the lectures I explain how and why we use each protocols and show how to implement them on Arduino controllers. We will discuss pros and cons of different implementations, dependencies between protocols and best practices of their choice.
- Anyone who is interested in learning about how to interconnect IoT devices.
- Software developers who develop IoT applications and needs deeper understanding on IP networking.
- IoT application developers and architects.