How to Install a Free SSL Certificate using Let’s Encrypt
What you’ll learn
Distinguish between different types of SSL Certificates
Create and Configure a basic droplet on Digital Ocean
Install a Free Let’s Encrypt SSL Certificate
Fix the Google “Not Secure” Warning on any website that contains input forms.
Install LAMP Stack on Ubuntu 16.04 LTS
Configure Name Servers
Configure DNS Settings on Digital Ocean
Check the status of a SSL Certificate
Automatically renew a SSL Certificate periodically using cron tab, and setting up cron jobs.
Students will require an internet connection and PC or MAC Computer System.
Terminal for MAC or PuTTY for Windows
Who this course is for:
- No prerequisite knowledge required
- Web developers looking to secure their websites using SSL
- Students interested in learning about certificate authorities
- Students interested in SSL Certificate Types for maximum security and credibility
- Web developers who want to avoid costly fees and install a free, secure SSL Certificate using Let’s Ecnrypt
- Students interested in learning the basics of SSL Encryption
- Web developers who want to direct all domain variations to HTTPS, instead of HTTP
- Web developers who want to learn how to easily resolve the “Google Not Secure” warning label.