Assessment and Evaluation in Environmental Education
Explain why assessment and evaluation are essential components of any environmental education curriculum.
Identify intended learner outcomes for your environmental education curriculum.
Assess and evaluate your environmental education curriculum using a variety of assessment alternatives.
- This courselet does not have a prerequisite.
How do you know that your environmental education program or resource is making an impact? How do you improve your programs and resources? Assessment and Evaluation is a critical part of high quality environmental education. This course is designed to help you get familiar with some of the key competencies that high quality environmental educators should know and be able to do when it comes to assessment and evaluation including:
1. Understanding the difference between assessment and evaluation
2. Understanding Learner Outcomes in EE and how they are tied to assessment
3. Using assessment as part of instruction and Improving Instruction
4. Understanding Program Evaluation
This is an entry level course designed to familiarize you with language and connect you to resources for furthering your development.
- Anyone interested in assessment and evaluation in environmental education