Apache Cordova – Build Hybrid Mobile Apps with HTML CSS & JS
How to create and build (compile and package) a Cordova project using the CLI (Command Line Interface).
How to use different data storage strategies.
How to use several Cordova APIs such as Geolocation, Contacts, and Camera.
How to handle specific mobile challenges such as touch events, scrolling, styling, page transitions, etc.
To publish the app on Google Play Store & App Store
- To complete this workshop, all you need is a code editor, a modern browser, and a connection to the Internet.
The web development community has been continually innovating and with the recent development of frameworks such as Angular, IONIC, jQuery, and React, the traditional web applications have now almost become indistinguishable from their native platform-specific peers in terms of functionality.
However, the use of Web-based technologies leads some Apache Cordova applications to run slower than native applications with similar functionality.
And the most important thing is: Cordova is free and open source. Here’s how to get started with Apache Cordova.
Use Apache Cordova if you are:
- a mobile developer and want to extend an application across more than one platform, without having to re-implement it with each platform’s language and toolset.
- a web developer and want to deploy a web app that’s packaged for distribution in various app store portals.
- a mobile developer interested in mixing native application components with a WebView (special browser window) that can access device-level APIs, or if you want to develop a plugin interface between native and WebView components.
- Job Seeker, Students , Professors, Web Designer, Developer
- Business man / Startup – owners, Entrepreneur, Any Computer Programmer, , and more
- A mobile developer and want to extend an application across more than one platform, without having to re-implement it with each platform’s language and tool set.
- Anyone who has interest in hybrid mobile application development