Learn App development using lollipop, the core of this Android Lollipop Training
Learn Webservices on Android OS similar to web services on another platform
Learn How Facebook and Twitter apps work on the mobile OS
Learn How various animations such as flip and slide are built on the lollipop
Android keeps on releasing newer versions that contain important upgrades on previous ones. The most important change in the Lollipop release was a completely redesigned user interface (UI). It was built around an innovative design language called Material Design. The material design concept was made to give users a paper-like feel to the UI. Apart from that, other changes were also incorporated such as improvements to the notifications bar and its style, which can now be accessed directly from the lock screen without requiring any password and displayed within applications as banners on top of the screen. Internal changes to the platform were also made and it was done using the Android Runtime (ART). Improved application performance was achieved, and it was intended to improve and optimize battery usage as well.
Lollipop’s successor is Marshmallow, which was released next year in October 2015
Major updates on Android 5.0 are listed below as a bullet point for easy understanding: –
- A refreshed notification system
- Individual notifications now displayed on cards based on material design language,
- batches of notifications can be grouped by individual apps
- Notifications are displayed on the lock screen as well as cards
- A do-not-disturb feature is added for notifications.
- The recent apps menu was redesigned as a three-dimensional stack of cards shape to show open apps
- Individual apps can now display multiple cards under a recent menu
In this course, we detail the various skills that candidates can learn from this Android Lollipop Training. This section will help students access the intended learning outcome of the course and hence help them decide if they should enroll for the course.
- Android Lollipop: – Update on all new features of the lollipop upgrade.
- Mobile Apps Development: – App development using lollipop, the core of this Android Lollipop Training.
- Android Webservice: – Webservices on Android OS similar to web services on another platform.
- Social Media Integration on Android: – How Facebook and Twitter apps work on the mobile OS
- Android Animations: – How various animations such as flip and slide are built on the lollipop.
- Data Storage Management: – How data is stored and retried with lollipop architecture on the Android platform.
- Android Custom Designs: – Custom designs such as notification and open apps’ views are covered.
- Creating a New Layout: – Layout changes been done based on a material language framework.
- Standard Toolbar: – Many toolbar functions are provided for easier app development
- Recycle View Widget: – Many new widgets are provided for better usability and design.
- Layout Manager: – Layout manager is provided for multifunctionality on the device.
- View Holder: – View holders are unique concepts to lollipop design
- Drawer Model: – provided for better performance and UI
- Generate Constructor: – Constructor is vital to lollipop OS